Thursday, August 9, 2007

Squish #31- Chesapeake, VA, USA


This squish comes from our cyber-friend Jamie Brooks in Chesapeake, Virginia, USA. She volunteered for China Care (the foundation that had Reese in foster care) last winter and met Reese then. So this is really special.

In an email she sent me she said this about the fabric: "I have been out looking through the quilt shops today and finally found one I like. I was looking for something kind of girlie but.... what really struck me made me think of Reese. The color is rich looking and for some reason to me it sang of strength. Reese was so sweet the way she played with the other children and how she knew how to make everyone know (even me) what she wanted. She is a girl with her own mind that is for sure."

Thanks so much for the kind comments. Obviously, Reese KaiJin made a big impact on you. She has that effect on people, hehe.

The wish:
Dear Reese,
I met you in China while visiting a friend of yours and mine. You stole my heart with your smile and hugs and I knew for the rest of my life I would always love you.
I wish for you a life full of smiles, hugs, and love. I am a better person having met YOU!

Love always,
Jamie Brooks

Thank you so much for the squish!

No comments: