Monday, March 24, 2008

Piecing Complete!






The top of the quilt is DONE! Currently, it roughly measures 55" by 78". I am 61". It is mucho taller than I am. Now, all I need to do buy the batting and backing and get started on that, and then I'll be done! Until I get those needed supplies, however, I believe I am going to start on Reese's crazy quilt. I'm making a mini-quilt that will be roughly crib sized out of the scraps from her big quilt as a crazy quilt. Should be fun.

I can't really start on Jonathan's quilt yet, because I only have 45 squares. I really don't like to start piecing until I have all of my squares.

If you would like to contribute to Jonathan's quilt, please email me. I have the same size and fabric requirements as I did for Reese's quilt, but I am asking for neutral or boy-specific fabrics. Contributions would be awesome.

I am also collecting for 2 charity quilts, one for our local prostate cancer foundation and one for our local branch of the Susan G. Komen Foundation for breast cancer. I'm collecting orange and blue (like their logo, more or less) for the prostate cancer one, and dark pink, light pink, and whites/cremes for the breast cancer one. When completed, both will be donated to their respective foundations for them to do as they will with, either auction them off, or, as Susan G. Komen said they may do, give it to one of the Survivors at the Race for the Cure. I am doing this because my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer in November and has a prostatectomy in January. He is now completely cancer-free with a PSA of 0.00. My best friend growing up's grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer in the last year and has had 2 masectomies since we got home with Reese. I am making a breast cancer quilt in honor of her, because she is the one who taught me how to sew. You can email me as well if you would like to donate to either/both of those quilts.

No comments: