Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Piecing has begun!


Fish square.

yellow square.

Bugs/dragonflies square

Flowers/Asian stuff square. And the colors co-ordinated.

Teddy bear/childhood square.

Purple square.

Purple and green. I love this foursome.

Pink!

Ladybugs.

Random square.

Bright, bright colors square.

I have begun piecing on my mother's 23 year old Kenmore sewing machine. And the bobbin hates me. I had to wind a new one today because the one I had ran out...and now it's being stupid and won't pull through. Grrr.... But the fact that I'm piecing does not in ANY WAY mean you can't still contribute. Obviously, this will not be a 100 Good Wishes Quilt, as I am well into the 120's. And it is becoming apparent in my planning world (which is really abstract and loose on facts, LOL) that I still need more to make the darn thing a rectangle. Sooooo....feel free to continue to contribute. If I don't need them for this project, I'll use them in the next (which is top-secret). So, they WILL be used, some how or another. I'm planning on using the scraps from cutting out the little 5x5 squares out of 8x8 and larger squares to make a smaller quilt that's more kid-sized. Like a scrap quilt/crazy quilt thing. It's going to be really random. I'm not going to bother with sashing on it. The hope is it'll be about toddler sized, a little bigger.

I'm grouping squares into groups of 4 (unless they can't be cut down, like the 2 contributions from awesome people in my Irish dancing world) by color, theme, or...if there is not enough of them to have 4....a random or half-and-half square.

Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed. Without you, this would be a pointless endeavor. Thank you.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Monica - great job. Your blocks are looking great. I really like the looks of the 4-square blocks. I need to get busy on Ben's quilt again.

Jeannie said...

How is the quilt going? I have finished the top of Ben's quilt. Now for the quilting to begin.

Jeannie